Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just checking this thing works...


Self explanatory really. I'm all packed, ready to go, and sitting anxiously waiting for it to be Thursday already.

For the uninitiated few, the itinerary is long and unwieldy, but it goes something like this...

2-21 April - New York, staying with Aunt Kristin

21-24 April - London, staying with Brad

24 April - 30 May - Paris, then somewhere around Lyon, doing a farmstay with WWOOF - Willing Workers On Organic Farms - http://www.wwoof.fr/ - have fun with the translated French on that site, its very amusing.

30 May - 30 July - Various cities - Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Zurich. Planning to stop over at the World Bodypainting Festival in Seeboden, Austria - http://www.bodypainting-festival.com/ is awesome and inspiring and I've already made quite a few people jealous by mentioning that I'm going there.

30 July- 17 August - Thailand, going to Bangkok and Chang Mai.

17 August - 20 September - India, volunteering with the Indian Network for Development Exchange in Himachal, working as a teacher's aide in a school - http://www.idex.in

My email address is jess.miller@live.com, and if you want to add me on Facebook, my email for that is not_a_brand_name@hotmail.com.

Also I have just made a Flickr account (although it confuses the helicopter out of me) and my yahooID is m3taf10w3r@yahoo.com.au (the 0 is a zero, in case its unclear), which is I think how you'd find me given the number of Jessica Millers out there.

I made a google map of where I'll be going and you can subscribe to RSS feeds for it if you love me that much and you know what RSS is. This is the URL, because it won't come up on a google search -

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=41.211722,-74.443359&spn=16.054079,39.550781&z=5&msid=112065855629211629873.0004667e07d6fd439924d


I think I've pretty much covered all the technological bases, although never fear, everything will be posted in links on this blog regularly and I will be on Facebook sometimes for all you young'uns that use Facebook.

And now its Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Hay Jess!! its Joel from IGS, anyway...just to let you know, the blog works xDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooooot!!!!
    i know this is ages away but i was talking to my severely homesick thai friend from work and she says best to go to the beaches and bangkok and general south is the best but shes from inner city bangkok.. but neways you have to see if you can find some blue (!!) tumeric at the markets while you there but yeah i think theres more in the north and for medical purposes (reds really popular in the south though)... ok well i could have my little rant about thai food and spices but ill exercise self control..
    cant wait to hear about the musicals !!
    what else's on the new york agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess. Tis Holly from Cazbah!
    Wahhh you should totally go to Hong Kong. :p This is so exciting, it seems like you're gonna take over the world hahahah... I still remember us sitting in Science writing notes to each other and now you're going to be halfway around the world and I'm going to Uni and it's just crazy.
    Looking forward to hearing about your trip hon, take care and love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Im)patientaly awaiting your arrival and praying for a safe trip. *hugs* -k-

    ReplyDelete